We believe that every person has value and dignity, which comes directly from the creation of people in God’s image. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
At King's, we recognise the need to safeguard children, young people and adults and guard against the possibility of any form of abuse. We aim to create a safe environment for the nurture and development of children, young people and adults, in order for them to feel valued and confident to ask for support and help.
We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults. We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church and we undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working with children, young people or vulnerable adults through our safer recruitment process.
You can find our Safeguarding Policy here. We aim to regularly review and update this policy.
If you have any safeguarding concerns, you can contact our church .
Alternatively, below is a list of local and national organisations:
- Local Children’s Social Services Office (office hours): 0300 200100
- Single Point Access (SPA) 24 hr. emergency number: 01483 517898
- Local Adult Social Services Office (office hours): 0300 200 1005
- Adult 24 hr. emergency number: 01483 517895
- Police Child Abuse Investigation Team (CAIT): 01483 571212
- Guildford Children's Services (LADO): 0300 1231650 - option 3
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline (Refuge): 08082000247
- NSPCC (for adults): 08088005000
- NSPCC Childline: 08001111
- Safe Spaces: 03003031056
- Mankind: 01823 334244